04/03/2019Date limite de réponse
AFD and Expertise France are engaged with the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) to support the NDC implementation of its Member States, with a particular focus on climate change adaptation. In that sense, AFD, Expertise France and the OECS signed a memorandum of understanding on the 10th of July 2018, during the 5th Council of Ministers: Environmental Sustainability (COMES-5) organised by the OECS in Brades, Montserrat.
AFD and Expertise France will support the OECS to:
- Support the preparation of an OECS consolidated Climate Risk, an Adaptation Profile and a regional gender-sensitive adaptation strategy to climate change, based on a risk-sharing approach, and transposition of this strategy into an action plan, including a Monitoring and Evaluation tool;
- Foster the mainstreaming of climate change adaptation in OECS Member States’ public policies;
- Prepare transformational climate programmes to be financed by AFD / international climate funds.
These Terms of Reference (ToR) relate to the first activity mentioned above, which aims at supporting the preparation of an OECS consolidated Climate Risk, an Adaptation Profile and a regional gender-sensitive adaptation strategy to climate change, based on a risk-sharing approach, and transposition of this strategy into an action plan, including a Monitoring and Evaluation tool.
The expected results are:
1. Consolidated sound climate information, with gender-disaggregated data, is available in the Eastern Caribbean and key information gaps are identified;
2. A sound assessment is available of the observed and potential impacts of gender-sensitive climate variability and change in the Eastern Caribbean;
3. A robust assessment of adaptive capacity and needs is available in the Eastern Caribbean based in the options identified;
4. A regional climate change adaptation strategy is agreed in the Eastern Caribbean;
5. An adaptation action plan is agreed in the Eastern Caribbean;
6. The monitoring and evaluation tool of the Eastern Caribbean Climate Change Adaptation Action Plan is agreed.
These results will endow the OECS with the ability to (1) build a link between broader regional policies and national approaches, (2) address existing policy and implementation gaps, and (3) address common interests and promote regional (OECS) coordination through harmonised actions.
The consultancy team is expected to prove its skills in the following fields:
- Expert 1 (Team leader) – Climate change vulnerability and adaptation planning expert;
- Expert 2 – Expert in climatological information;
- Expert 3 – Social scientist (sociology or economics) with experience in Gender Mainstreaming and Climate Change;
- Expert 4 – Water resources expert with experience in implementing adaptation measures in the water sector;
- Expert 5 – Land Use Planning and Coastal Infrastructure expert with experience in implementing adaptation measures;
- Expert 6 – Monitoring and evaluation expert, with experience in climate change adaptation.