Sécurité et maintien de la paixSecteurs d'activité
Expertise sur nos projetsType d'expertise
20/05/2019Date limite de candidature
Description du projet
Reinforcing Jordan’s Capabilities at the Eastern Border
This project aims at enhancing Jordanian authorities’ ability to quickly react to any humanitarian crisis or security threat at the Eastern borders (Iraqi as well as Syrian) and to improve the sustainability of civil-military operations in the area, by building a multi-purpose hub in Ruwaishid, the first Jordanian city on the way to Amman after the Karamah border crossing point with Iraq.
Given the very limited capacities of the current Border Guard Forces facilities in Ruwaishid, this hub will constitute a multi-agency logistical and administrative center. It will serve as a much needed rear support base both to the Karamah-Trebil border crossing point and to the overall Eastern border control system and operations.
Description de la mission
Under the responsibility of the Field Project Coordinator, the Administrative Associate tasks will be to:
- Smooth functions of reception, handling phone calls and guests with high level of professionalism.
- Organize proper filling and classification of documents
- Provide specialized administrative actions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proof read, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages etc.)
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, visitors, etc.)
- Contract submission, document preparation for payments, vendor contacts, preparation of event budgets
- Assist in coordinating project expenditures and disbursements following approval from the Project Coordinator
- Manage petty cash and prepare payment request related to domestic travels, stationery, office supplies etc.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments.
- Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Provide proper guidance and supervision to suppliers for ensuring the cleanliness and hygiene in the office premises
- Any other task assigned by the Project Coordinator
Qualifications et compétences
- Bachelor degree in a directly related field
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and information management systems
- High organizational skills
- Ability to integrate Expertise France rules and regulations
- Excellent command in English and Arabic, French is an advantage
- Understanding of financial management systems and tools
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability
- Three-four years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role
- Experience with a local or international NGO/IGO is a plus
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Mission area: Amman, Jordan
- Duration: 18 months
- Starting date: 01/06/2019
Documents à fournir
All applications must include the following:
Applications should be sent to Expertise France by email before 20th May 2019, using the following subject: Administrative Associate – Amman.